How do I help my son learn to crawl?

My son is 8 and a half months old and he will not crawl for anything. I have had people sit in front of him and talk to him icluding me. Also, I have tried toys , milk bottle, juice cup and even helping get on his arms and knees. All he does is put his legs down and go to his arms. He doesn even make an attempt to try. I need help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Crawling is no longer considered a developmental milestone; if he is meeting current milestones, I think you can chill out about the crawling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:38 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• my DD is very lazy and kind of in the same situation shes 11 months now and started to crawl only at 10m, she is just starting to walk a little bit with me holding her. some babies dont crawl and go into walking right away, some craw at 8m some at 11m. i agree what the first user answered it isnt a developmental milestone if hes fine with his cognitive, other physical-body movements that are supposed to be like sitting with support turning fully, etc... relax and hell start when HE wants to not when you want to lol. but what i did do since i dont know how your son is my dd was very lazy we have a litlle gym in nyc and they have a bunch of other kinds of gyms all over so if you want check it out their semester began not to long ago littlegym.com i take my dd and she loves it she crawls all over the place. so dont worry about it all babies are different :)
    oksamar

Answer by oksamar at 8:06 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• He will crawl in his own time....however some children seem to go straight to walking.

keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 8:21 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Its not laziness either...children develop different things at different stages.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 8:22 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• You can't help him learn to crawl. He will do it on his own when he's ready, if he's ready. Some babies never crawl, they just go straight to walking. Chill out and enjoy him.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:06 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• it's not a developmental mileston anymor. i've seen kids walk then crawl. he'll do it when he good and well wants to lol kids are always running the show!
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 9:20 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Crawling is not a developmental milestone, some kids never do it, they go straight to walking.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:27 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• As much tummy time as he'll do and working on sitting if he isn't sitting well. All of mine started to crawl shortly after getting sitting down.

Also if he has another way to get around (ie rolling, army crawling) and is meeting other developmental goals I wouldn't worry.
    PeytonNBella

Answer by PeytonNBella at 9:37 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• My son, who is now 3, did the army crawl and NEVER did the "normal" crawl. My daughter, who is now 20 months old, did the army crawl first then did the "normal" crawl. My daughter didn't walk until she was nearly 16 months. I was soooo worried when my daughter wasn't walking at 12 months because my son walked when he was 8 months old. Children do it when they are ready. Like my mom says "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink." Good luck sweet heart.
    RiverPhenix

Answer by RiverPhenix at 10:42 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• like the other said is not longer a milestone. my dd didnt crawl till she was almost 10 mts and she wlaked at 12 mts
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:56 AM on Oct. 9, 2009