What would you say to so?

If you are having a hard time making ends meet, would you tell him to cut back from going out with the boys? I cut back but it is not fair. Should I go out too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yep. DH and I just had this talk yesterday. We have a goal and to get there we have to start putting some serious money away AND cut some more corners. I agreed to sell my car and he agreed to NOT buy any parts or pieces for the motorcycle. You gotta BOTH give when it's time to tighten the family's belt. It's not fair or right for one to give and the other take; you don't get anywhere but in a fight.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:26 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I would say do both. While the most responsible thiing to be would not go out at all, no one can do that, where would the fun in life be? I would say ask him to cut back from going out some and you go out once in a while too. Your right its not fair for you to have cut back and he still goes out when he wants :)
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 6:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Yup, I know when we had children we had to cut back every were. Going out was the first to go. If he hasn't come to this on her own, try some subtal persuasion. Going over the family budget and discussing how you can make it work might help. Maybe then he would see how much is being spent on "the boys" and he would volunteer it. Or the two of you agree on a set amount of fun money and you get it in cash, when it is gone it is gone for the month. Good luck, you both are entitled to some fun, but only if it is fair and you can afford it.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:12 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• It depends, how much does he spend> would you allow the friends to come over and hang out? If going out has been an issue for other reasons besides money you might be up for a fight. Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:56 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• No. JUst money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I would have to say yes. We have gotten use to saying that "we need to go and blow off steam" or "I need to have some time to myself". I don't think so. If our life gets crazy, we do things together and not apart. We use to get the tent and go. Now we get the motor home. We go to a ball game, we go to the beach, we go to the lake. We do something as a family. We rent a movie, pop some corn and relax. We build a fire in the back yard and roast some marshmallows. We do free stuff if even that is too much. We never did something without the other. I would hope we don't need a break from each other.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:12 AM on Oct. 9, 2009