Gifts for pre-teen girls?

I have 2 cousins to buy christmas presents for this year. One is 9 and one is 7. Neither of them are girly where they like to play with makeup hair things barbies or anything like that. Im looking to spend around 15-20 dollars. Im not really sure what exactly they are into. The 9yr old has a horse and is really into things with that, they both like crafty things but I feel like I always get them the same kind of thing in a different version every year. Ive gotten them friendship bracelet kits, weaving and beads and stuff like that. Any ideas?!

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 6:47 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Holidays

• Gift Certificate, or clothes...what girl does not like clothes?
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:06 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• My 9yr old got a gift card from her gramma this year and LOVED it. She felt so grown up using it.
    chrissifaye

Answer by chrissifaye at 8:51 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I love giving young girls a nice journal and pen. Scrapbooks and scrapbooking supplies, even "treasure boxes" (I sometimes find really beautiful boxes for keeping their treasures).....I guess I like giving things for their memories.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:29 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• how about taking them to get thier nails done or a pedi, it's fun and it's not too expensive and sometimes you can find coupons in the paper for places close to home
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:59 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Pet Smart or Pet Co has horse products. Check it out. Buy them someone or just get a gift card.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Ask their mom what they want. That's what i would do. That or just ask them. lol Then you know your getting them something they really really want :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2009