Prenup Advice...Pls Help

My QUESTION is: This will be my second marriage and my fiance's THIRD marriage...he has nicely said to me that he is tired of "taking it in the shorts from women when there is a divorce" (He believes that the woman should ONLY get, in the event of divorce, the amount of money that she contributes to the relationship and he believes that I should get NONE of the equity on the HOUSE, Cars or anything he had PRIOR to our marriage that he has been paying for ( I REALLY DO understand this part)...Here is my concern: He wants me to sign a prenup that states that, in the event of divorce, I would only be entitled to (I make $150.00 a week at McDonald's) whatever percentage my income contributes to as a whole to the overall income...he says he wants to be as fair as possible to BOTH of us. Is ths mathmetically fair? (Pls note: I have no savings and NO FAMILY to help me or to live with.)
Q: ->R there different types of prenups?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Don't take this wrong, but what is his net worth and what is yours? Prenuptial agreements normally involve estates and either substantial property and/or cash. Is this the case with your situation? Prenuptial agreements between parties making less than 100K a year (each) and who own substantial wealth prior to a marriage is not very common.

Basically what he's saying is that you can share some parts of his life. And that you are only worth what you brought to the relationship in the form of cash. My honest opinion is that I wouldn't be willing to share my life with a man who painstakingly established my worth AND insisted that I agree with him before he would marry me. It just seems to me that he is preparing for the divorce before the wedding ever takes place.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:30 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Sounds to me like he has the wrong idea about a marriage. In my eyes in a marriage everything is yours as a couple not mine and his. I understand being married more than once this may want him to make a prenup but no i dont think this is fair. Unless you were both working full time good jobs where the income was about equal. JMO I would try to talk to him about it :)
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 7:06 AM on Oct. 9, 2009