you cant be serious?!

okay ladies i am a sahm my baby will be one next month so my husband and i said that would be a great time for me to go back to work.i have an asscoiates degree and am a certified nurse assistant. i have put in some applications at different places and all they want to pay is 8$ and hour(i live in miss.)W.T.F!? it benefits me to stay at home. now i see why so many people cant make it in the world...my tuition for the hca program cost me almost 1000$.that is not equivalent at all to that crappy salary

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• Welcome to the recessionw here companies are trying to save money.

I have had a job that on average pays $12 an hour, yesterday i was offered $8.25 lol!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Everyone is in the same boat Honey. Single mothers are in the worst shape right now. My daughter works 40 hours a week, great job for a mother to work because she has days off when the kids do. The only problem is, it only leaves her with an extra 100.00 per month to live off of. Not good. We all just do what we have to in these crazy times to survive. You have to work. You'll just have to find a family member to watch the child or work around your husband's schedule. You can't just use daycare expense as an excuse to sit at home. It just won't work. You find something that fits around your husband or another family member's schedule.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• It may depend largely on the area of Miss you live in. Like the north part of the state is more economically challenged. Where do you live in Miss?
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:07 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I live in Door County, Wisconsin. I make $8 hour. Divorced mom. W/ 3 children. Welcome to the hard knocks of life! Sorry, didn't mean to sound sassy, just simply speaking how i feel.
    My3RaysofSun

Answer by My3RaysofSun at 9:15 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• i live in central miss. in a small town the two bigger towns are about 60 miles away. my husband is in the military so he is stationed about 3hours away he comes home on weekends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Military? If you would like to check it out, the department will pay for your schooling 100%.

Career Step-Learn Medical Transcription from home then work at home. The department will pay for the biggest package which includes helping you get placed with an employer they partner with.

Get more info click here.

Even  my husband as a Vet i got some funds to pay for the courses.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:47 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• i have a three year old and only make 8.75 an hour, i make it work though. and i work long hours two to three days a week so i only pay my sitter 20 a day and it's only 40-60 a week.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• MOVE! My aunt is a nursing assistant. She's been there for 6 months and makes $13.50/hr... We are in Pittsburgh, the recession has barely touched us.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Agencies tend to pay a bit more than nursing homes and offer more flexibility.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I agree with rkoloms.

Try to think outside the box with your degree.
    Nursing homes, in home aides....i am sure there are others.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 2:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2009