Is this a phase?

My 3 year old son is always talking bout how he wants to be a girl! An he wants to play with girl toys! Im hoping its just a phase

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• yes, it is, i have 2 boys and my oldest one (5) webnt through it, now my 2 yr old wants to put makup on himself and walks around in my shoes, this usually happens when the boy is a little closer to mommy than daddy, lmao, it will pass, just start doing boy stuff with him and show him how much fun it is being a boy.
    AprilWest2193

Answer by AprilWest2193 at 9:13 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Ty! I was starting to freak out! He is alot closer to me than his daddy cuz his daddy is always working an i stay at home!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• yeah, TOTALLY NORMAL! lol, no worries. Little boys just look up to momma when shes around more than daddy.
    AprilWest2193

Answer by AprilWest2193 at 9:33 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Totally normal, I would say don't worry...but I would suggest not drawing attention to it, it could possibly make it worse or make him think it's wrong to have feminine qualities ( and that could be really bad down the road..for a few different reasons)
    Sarah1220

Answer by Sarah1220 at 10:22 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Yes it is normal. Don't make a big deal out of it. He's noticed the differences. Kind of like when girls go through the stage of wanting to pee standing up. At daycare the boys love to dress up in the dresses and high heels too. Just trying it out.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2009