Am I the only one who is confused as to how Obama received the Nobel Peace Prize?

Can someone please explain to me how a man who has been in office for less than a year, who has done nothing for this country other than drive it further into the ground, can be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize TWO WEEKS after taking office?!? Obviously, this was based on his promises, because we all know politicians are so honest and trustworthy!!! What EXACTLY has he done to earn this award?

Excuse me while I go puke!

Bethsunshine

Asked by Bethsunshine at 9:08 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I see the award as honoring his ideals, plans and potential for creating a peaceful world. He is in favor of nuclear disarmament....in favor of negotiating with enemies. I am in favor of peace and I agree with the award.

I am in favor of peace as well!! When Obama GIVES it to everyone, or makes a NOBLE effort to give it to us... then we can give him the Nobel Peace Prize. Until then? It's all empty promises.

"But mom, I PROMISE I'll clean my room... but I need my prize NOW, before I do ANY of it!"

Obama or not, I don't think anyone deserves the Nobel Peace Prize unless they've earned it. If we just go around nominating people because "it's the thought that counts" in their policies/actions, we may as well all have the NPP on our mantles.
    ddmac314

Answer by ddmac314 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• LOL I'm with you but I'm not even going there.........
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:13 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Read the next question. There are a lot of people who are just as confused as you. Al Gore and now BO. It kind of dimenishes the credibility of the prize.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Like I said in the other one - he won for not being Bush. Which leads to my other question - when are the other 6,789,375,900 people getting their awards?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:26 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I'm waiting...c'mon all you Obama worshipers. Please explain to me HOW your Messiah won this award. ONE good legitimate reason...waiting...waiting...waiting...
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:28 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• He............................................................................................................................................................? Can't think of anything. Oh, oh, I know. No.................................................................................................? Still nothing. Sorry.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:34 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• According to the article I read, he was awarded it based on his nuclear arms stances as it relates to decreasing the threat and renewed nuclear race. I am surprised that this would occur so soon. Rather than attack the NPP group or President, I wish him congratulations on being awarded this prestigious award and move on to the rest of my day.

PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 9:35 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

And he got nominated 2 WEEKS after he took office?!? Yeah, because he did SO MUCH the first 14 days of his presidency. He's done SO MUCH in the 9 months he's been in office. Sorry Pswifey, you're going to have to do better than that.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:38 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I love how it's "too soon to judge" anything he's done if you want to criticize him, but that 2 weeks before he was nominated was more than enough to deserve a Peace Prize.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:42 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Again, Pres. Ford continued and completed the SALT (Strategic Arms Limitation Tready) and signed the damn thing with Russia but didn't get a NPP for his "nuclear arms stance". This guy would have been given the NPP if he had slapped the committee chairman in the face. If was probably already decided. If he's elected, get him nominated before the Feb. 1 deadline so he can get the prize. He didn't do a damn thing before being elected except not show up for votes in the Senate and run for office and oh, yeah, give speaches. This is the most political of the awards and it isn't suppose to be political.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 9, 2009