Strange things at work

Okay, I work for Murphy USA (walmart gas station) in Milledgeville Ga, and I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT! I have worked for Murphy before and had a blast, but not now, its a different location. Well for some reason my money keeps coming up 20 short, like every other day. this is crap, Murphy isnt the only station i have worked at, i have worked at many others and NEVER come up short. But here, its like constantly, I think that its other employees, Only one person works at a time and its always busy there so when we change shifts only one person counts the starting cash, i think that someone is shorting my starting cash by 20, and leaving me with the shortage. Someone also shot beebee's at me last night, I HATE THIS STORE, im supposed to get transfered to Eatonton, but i have been here for like 2 months and havnt been transfered yet. Im training to be the assistant in Eatonton store.

AprilWest2193

Asked by AprilWest2193 at 9:09 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• but the manager in m'ville is treating me like 1 of her cashiers. What the hell is up? anyone have any advice?
    AprilWest2193

Answer by AprilWest2193 at 9:10 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Something is up.Someone is putting their hand in the cookie jar.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• You don't count your own starting cash?
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 9:20 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• well its usually really busy, and at other stores I didnt have to cause there were honest people there and they never shorted it. but i think that from now on, i am going to make sure i do. They say not to waste the time counting it cause when ur counting it, your at rish for drive offs and stuff like that, but screw that, if im responsable for the money, then thats whats going to happen, customers are going to have to wait.
    AprilWest2193

Answer by AprilWest2193 at 9:31 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• exactly... :)
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 9:36 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• have you been written up yet? And also demand to count your money before your shift and also be there when they count it after your shift. Also is the draw assigne dto just you or does everyone use it? If you get written up make sure anyone that you know has used that till name gets put on there and watch it like a hawk. To me it sounds like someone is taking it.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:41 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I was a bartender.... At the begining of every shift I counted my till myself. During my shift, No ONE, and I mean no one, not even my manager or owner touched my till (my cash drawer). There fore if I was short on money, it was my fault and I took resposibility for it.
    If you are responsible for any shortages, I would count your till every time. Those customers can wait. Or you use a temporary till (with a $50.00 limit) to keep the customers moving untill you can take over. Its kinda suspisious to me that its always $20 dollars short. It does sound like someone has it out for you. Watch your back and trust no one.
    good luck!!!!
    karenrosbury

Answer by karenrosbury at 11:26 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• There should be two cash drawers. The way it works at every place I ever went to is. Person A works register. Person B that is coming on counts the second draw. After they are done they switch and take Person A cash box and count it in back to make sure it is right. No one ever touches another person money. I have only been off pennies.
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 11:47 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Maybe the 20.00 error has never been corrected. Maybe the other people aren't really counting their cash like they should and you are always catching this persistent error.
    Anonymous

• You need to bring it up to the manager ASAP that they should implement a new system or they will continue to have this problem. I worked as a utility cashier, was bonded and there was always a head cashier to count out the money with us, we had our own cash drawers and never shared money, and when we turned it in to the head cashier we each had our own $80 to keep in our cash drawer. Now I work at home and love it! No boss and no employees!
    MarieEvelyn

Answer by MarieEvelyn at 11:14 AM on Oct. 10, 2009