Are women belittled for not having a "salary" job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I would have to answer yes. Many people see a woman dressed professionally and assume she has more brains than the typical housewife or the one walking around in rags and u would be so dammed surprised it's not even funny. Remember behind every successful person there is another and they r behind/underlying. That's the underdog.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 11:00 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I've never come across it and I've been both employed outside the home and a SAHM. Of course that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Yes.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:05 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• The only people who have ever looked down on me for not working were working women. Three women are very vocal about how they feel about SAHM's. I ignore it anyone trashy enough to say I am less than someone else because they simply have a paying job is not worth my time. I had a 150k a year paying job before I quit to stay home with my kids. My husband makes three times what I made so we live well and don't need me to work. I keep my credentials up and the field I am in has jobs still so I could go back to work very easily if needed. I don't understand many women seems they hate other women for simply making a different choice. Probably why men rule the world women are so hateful to each other they don't have to do a thing to keep us down we do it to ourselves. Men I know don't care probably not catty enough to say anything if they do care.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Are you talking salary vs. hourly or SAHM vs. paid job?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• No, but on the tangent that some of these moms have taken, I believe one parent should be at home for the children. I don't mean one works a day shift and the other works a night shift. One parent needs to be totally dedicated to the children, because it is a full time job with a lot of over time. Its apparent our children started suffering big time when both parents started working outside of the home.
    lori232

Answer by lori232 at 10:26 AM on Oct. 9, 2009