What service is not covered by your Health Insurance Company? (Benefits Not Covered)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• plastic surgery unless related to an accident/injury
    holistic medicine
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Stupidity, It's a pre-existing condition and everyone knows....You can't fix stupid!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:39 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Anything not medically necessary. Everything else is covered.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:39 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• In the 30 yrs we have had insurance I have only had one instance where our insurance wouldn't pay and that was for speech therapy for my son when he was 2. Because there was no medical reason for his delay.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:42 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Dental & fertility treatments.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Dental is the big one. I know of a lot of people that are sick all the time because they have bad teeth and to have them fixed would cost an arm and a leg because insurance covers little to none except preventive services. We had to go back and forth a couple years ago with our health insurance and car insurance when my husband flipped our van on an icy road. Both were acting like they did not need to pay for the emergency room visit and the ambulance trip, we are still paying on that. My daughter had an accident out of state a few years ago and one hospital the insurance paid for, but the critical access hospital she went to originally they would not pay for and again the transport from the one hospital to the other we are still paying on (she was life flighted).
    lori232

Answer by lori232 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• On the topic of dental, did you know that if you break your jaw and go to the emergency room it is considered medical, but if you go directly to an oral surgeon they claim it is dental. A good thing to know if you don't happen to have dental coverage but do have medical coverage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• We are covered for everything. We have a great health plan, dental plan and vision plan. We don't pay a penny for it either it was part of my husbands benefits package he negotiated before we would move.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Actually, a broken jaw is "covered" by both. My son broke his jaw and bit his tongue. He had 45 stitches in his tongue so they had to put plates in his jaw. The dental said it was medical. The medical said it was dental. The NC Insurance Commissioner, who we called, said it was both. The company went through the bills and decided which would pay what per orders from the Insurance Commissioner. I didn't care as long as I only had to pay my deductible.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• My insurance covers pretty much everything that I can think of. We have Medical, Dental, Vision, Cancer and Life.
    ljmcmichael

Answer by ljmcmichael at 10:41 AM on Oct. 9, 2009