Is it just me or...

...does anybody else have a mother-in-law that gives them the creeps? Mine is a religious fanatic! She also just trained for a job at one of those creepy pregnancy crisis centers, where they offer free pregnancy tests but completely harass you about abortion. She was excited because they trained her how to "get the devil out" of a woman who is considering an abortion. They are so pushy, they don't even let the women speak, instead they just start going on and on about how terrible abortion is, and they show you graphic pictures of real aborted fetuses.
I mean personally I am pro-life, but I don't believe crisis pregnancy centers should be so pushy. Some of them are downright creepy...and the fact that my mother-in-law is excited about being trained to be a brainwasher makes her even creepier than normal to me. wtf?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes, those places are awful, IMO. I went to one with my best friend years ago and they were horrible. I can't understand why anyone would want to be there. I guess you'd have to like treating others like crap.

My MIL acts like she needs to be closer to my husband, yes her own son, than to her own husband. I understand wanting to be close to one's children but she comes to my DH with everything that she should be going to hers for. Examples: any problems with his sisters from screwing up in college to their sexual activity, gynocological problems and worse if you can imagine. He knows more about his sister's intimate problems than any brother should have to. It's really disgusting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I've never been to one of those places, but maybe she is just excited about saving lives. It's hard to judge someone intent on fighting to save babies. Crappy MIL's on the other hand can make just about anything seem annoying, mine doesn't even have to speak to annoy me anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• so what do you have the issue with, your MIL or the place she is working? IMO, if she's a good mother to her her kids/you and a good grandmother to your kids/her grandchildren..wtheck?! who cares where she works..or how sacred birthing children is to her. so she's a fanatic...i'm guessing she really loves babies/children? be glad if she transfers that same love and passion onto your kids.
    your kid could have a grandmother that never calls or visits him at all! (like my MIL)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:20 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I help run a Pregnancy Crisis Center and we actually help women. We don't provide abortions and don't refer to doctors it is stated clearly on the building. When women come to us they want to keep their babies and need help. We help them with job training, tranportation, health services, birth control we also help counsel women after abortions. The clinic in our area provides no services like that to them.

Sounds like you hate where she works more than her. She has the rights to her beliefs just like you have the right to believe how you want. Sounds like you are a very intolerant person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Oct. 9, 2009