My 4 month old sweats in her sleep

I'm constantly checking her temp because so often when she wakes up the sheets below her are damp from sweat! My husband likes it to be really cool at night because he also gets so hot when he sleeps but since she's been born we keep the house around 70 and she's got a ceiling fan on at night. Do you think she's just inhereted this from her dad or is something wrong?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 9:42 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what do you put her to sleep in? and is she warm throughout the day as well. theres going to be a little sweat (at least w/both mine, they would sweat at night but not enough to soak a sheet, maybe a slight cool feeling on the sheet but not soaked) so it may just be from her dad. mention it at your 4 month or 6 month well baby, i'm sure its probably normal but if it worries you bring it up to her doc. and maybe try lighter jammies, not swaddling (if you still do) a onesie or something along those lines, so she doesn't get as hot.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:46 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• My dd does the same thing, we dress her in light sleepers and keep the fan on in her room, I don't think its anything to worry about, my 3 year old is the same way and so am I. But if your worried ask your doctor at the next visit.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:49 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I usually have her in a cotton one piece with 'feeties'. I always thought you should judge your LO's temp by your own so since I wear pj pants, a tee shirt and use a blanket that we were about even but maybe I need to dress her more like her dad at night - t shirt, boxers and no blanket!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• all 3 of my kids did/do this, as soon as they get sleepy they start to warm up. i did mention it to our peditrician but she said that in the absence of "sickly" behavior and a family history of warm temps it's fine. i dress my 5mo old in just a light sleeper, no onesie. then usually a light blanker so i can take it off if she gets too hot.
    trying2survive

Answer by trying2survive at 11:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• We keep our house fairly cold, i put her in a fleece sleeper and no cover, she rather be cold than hot, try turning the a/c cooler.
    Gran1954

Answer by Gran1954 at 5:58 AM on Oct. 10, 2009