the neighborhood hens...

one of the woman had appendecitis and we sent her flowers...another had a death in the family.we sent a card...neither one even acknowledged what we did.no thank you not nothing.i thought this may iron things out but obviously i was wrong...isnt that kind of rude not to even acknowledge what we did.we didnt do it for a pat on the back.the new neighbor blatenly lies to our face.this was after they had there little party...should i just call it a day and think nothing is ever going to become of this or what?

nana77500

Asked by nana77500 at 9:49 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well I think in both circumstances you shouldn't expect someone to run over and say 'thank you' for something you claim you're doing out of the kindness of your heart. If I just had someone pass or a major surgery you better believe while I would get around to saying 'thank you' it wouldn't be right away.

They obviously have other things to deal with and on their minds other than making peace or goodie -goodie with the neighbors. If you truly want to burry the knife than give them both some time and space and they'll give you the 'thank you' you're looking for.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:53 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• When I do things like this it is because I want to not because I am looking for a thank you etc. Do things out of the goodness of your heart and be done. I agree thank you notes etc are good manners, but I can only worry about the manners of myself and kids.
    My dad died in July and not one member of the company I work for came to the funeral home and no one sent flowers or a card. I was hurt by this...but what are you going to do?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:11 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• The way u r talking makes it sound like this happened a very long time ago. If not give it time. If it did happen a long time ago then don't worry about it u did what u thought was right and hopefully they will not have to return the favor, if they even do it.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 11:18 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• well to me a death in the family and surgery kind of give you a rspond in the future when your better vide. It's not like you deceided to bake cupcakes and took the extra over for the heck of it. Ya know. These are both things that take a while to deal with. It took me close to a year to send thanks for your prayers and flowers and such when my mom passed away. Was I trying to be rude? NO. It took me several months of helping my dad through this rough time and it pushed these other duties to the wayside. Was I not grafeful? Heck no. It was just lower on my to do list than other things.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• If it's been a long time and they haven't said thanks, they are being rude. Of course major surgery and a death in the family are hard to get through but really as soon as you're able, you send a thank you card or make a phone call. That kind of thing typically shows who would or would not help someone else going through something similar.
    Anonymous