how do you get used to having someone else taking care of your baby?

looking for a caregiver and just the thought of it make me cry like a baby. By far the hardest thing on mommy's heart since he was born. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I know what you mean. Luckily for me my DD is taken care of by my mother. If we have another baby though we would have to put it in daycare. I told my husband that I wouldn't be able to do that. Unless of course there was no other way and I had to. I feel your pain though. I cry now because I don't take care of her.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 10:03 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I've done babysitting and I wrote down each day accomplishments of the kids I watched for the parents. And at the end of the day before parents came for pickup, a special accomplishment whether it was a drawing or word, sentence whatever - I phoned a parent to give them heads up to ask child about at pickup or on way home. But I didn't always say what the accomplishment was -

I was a home daycare provider and I had a small amount of kids to watch. A larger day care provider center could have difficulties doing that because of number of children maybe.

I encourage you to tell a provider be it a private babysitter or larger center - that you want to be told of accomplishments and difficulties day of happening - not end of week or every two weeks.
    Actually, even a center should be able to write a one or two, three word sentence of accomplishment or difficulty in a daily folder for a parent to read, something for parents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I never got used to it, and sometimes you have to go through a few before you find the right one. And you have to be very clear about your expectations from the begginning. Even if it is a center with their own schedule you can tell them what you would like to happen throughout the day. When you know that your baby is being taken care of the way you do it at home you can feel a lot better throughout the day. But like I said my son is 1 1/2 and has been in daycare since 7 weeks. It still breaks my heart when I leave the house every day but I know I am doing what I have to do.
    Good luck.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 11:00 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• it's by far the hardest thing I've had to deal with. This is making me so depressed!!! I know he'll be fine, but i don't want just fine. And I know other moms and babies go through this but gosh, it's SO HARD!!! (I'm a real mess). I must be a control freak, overly protective or something....And this is just the first separation...so much more to come with school, girlfriends etc....aaaargh. (sob).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Oct. 9, 2009