Does anyone know if you can get your children taken away from you if you have a sheriffs action sign on your house?

long stoy, but anyway I came home yesterday from getting my girls flu shots and seen a sheriffs sale sign on our house. Can you get you children taken away from you for that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• You mean you are loosing your house? No you will not lose your kids as long as you have someplace to go after your evicted
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 10:18 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• ?? You had to have had at least a passing thought that this could happen? I don't think sheriff's sales are because of poor parenting. That happens in foreclosure for nonpayment of mortgage. And the foreclosure has steps of notification itself with notices from the mortgage company demanding payment first.

If something happened with you and your kids wellbeing that you're anxious about them getting taken from you, you should get legal advice. Good Luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• If the sheriff's sale means you have to live in your car or in the park then that in itself is a reason for the children's welfare to be a concern to the police. Look into living w/family members for a while or an apartment where different sex kids have their own bedrooms, not necessarily you - you can sleep on a sofabed in the ll. But look into pricing apartments so each different sex child has their room separate of opposite sex sibling.

Hope you work things out well somehow!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• wel hubby was without a job for 3 months 2 years ago so we weren't paying the morgage and then we did get a forclosure on it , but we then started talking to someone about saving our house. They were helping us then hubby called them yesterday about this cause we have been making monthly payments we had to keep it up for 6 months which would be December this year and when he called they sold our morgage to a diffrent morgage company so they gave him the number he called them they no nothing about it he looked on line to this new morgage company and they are knowen as froud and theft and there was a whole list of complains on them. So I told hubby not to give these people anymore money until we find out what is going on here
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• we have 2 girls so we would only need one bedroom if we have to cause of us we can sleep in the living room if we had too, but I am trying not to loose my home. I have no family or friends to live with. I have one friend, but she has her and her hubby plus 6 kids and she did tell me if we needed to we could stay there if we had too until we find something else she is next door to me for one I think it might be hard living next door to my home cause my uncle lived here we bought it from him so I have been in this house all my life not living her, but well you know what I mean my uncle lived here since I was born. And 2 she said that my hubby wouldn't be able to stay there I don't know why I think cause we would have to stay in the living room and she maybe doesn't want anything going on cause she has small children I don't know, but she said he couldn't stay
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Call the mortgage company and see what you can do to not foreclose on your house.

A few years ago my parents nearly lost their house... my dad had a heart attack and was out of work for a while.

Anyway, they were going to sell it on the courthouse steps. But my parents called the mortgage company and they worked something out where they didn't lose their house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• So, if you weren't paying the mortgage because "they are criminals" then you must have at least had the good sense to put it in savings so that when it came due you would have the money to pay it...RIGHT???? Because, of course you knew you would eventually have to pay it.
    Sorry, you put yourself in this situation. I do hope you can find a nice place to stay and that your job situation improves.
    Anonymous

• for your info anon 12:13 if you didn't see what i said he was WITHOUT a job so how can you put it in savings if you have no money to put in savings? We are paying it now, but we still have a little that is still behind. I have been seeing doctor after doctor nerologist after nerologist for headaches and back pain so when we aren't paying some kind of bill we are paying hospital or doctor bills. You tell me you never got into a situation?
    Anonymous

• ! ! ! NO ! ! ! !
    Anonymous