What is baby doing while you shower or brush your teeth

when no one is around to sit with them for a bit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used to put mine in his swing or the exersaucer.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:30 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• my dh has classes on thursday night so after i bathe my 3 y/o & the baby it's my turn to shower, i put him in his swing in my dd's room with her while they watch tv, her bedroom is right by the bathroom so i can hear everything
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Since my husband works weekends, I'm alone during the weekends. I usually leave her in her play pen and put Barney on. LOL. I can't really leave her on my bed since she is 10 months and crawls so I don't want her falling off the bed either. But she loves Barney and doesn't pay attention to anything else.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:31 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• i shower at night after they're both in bed. they both just follow me in the bathroom when i brush my teeth, and then i'll brush my 3 year old's teeth while i'm at it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:34 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• put them in the bathroom with you with some toys. Put baby locks on the toilet and cabinets. The old days there where play-pens, they worked great.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:37 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• DH works 12:30 to 8:30, so I generally get a shower before he leaves for work.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:49 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• SHower: She plays on the floor of the bathroom. Brushing my teeth: She "brushes" hers either in my arms or on the floor.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:04 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• i will either try to shower when he naps or before he gets up in the morning and if i can't do that then i'll put him in his pack n play and turn on blues clues and take a super fats shower LOL
    MarksMommy09

Answer by MarksMommy09 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• when she naps, and I have showered when she was in her bath ring in tub with me after her bath(she is toddler) but she is not to fond of this, so it has to be a quickie for me and we have only tired it a couple of times, did this days when she will just not nap, and she is too old for playpen, and is into everything and a recent monkey like climber, so I can not trust her alone in any room, unless she is asleep when I am in shower

but i noticed right after becoming a mom, i get less showers in
    I used to wonder what my sister was talking about when she said, "all I want to do is get a shower in today"
    I thought she was odd, but now that I am a mom, I know exactly what she was talking about
    lol
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I usually take a shower after she goes to bed or during her nap. I never go father than the kitchen(where I can see the living room fully) or laundry room(which is also connected) if she's playing on the floor so If I need to use the bathroom or brush my teeth or anything somewhere else, I put her in her playpen for a minute. She usually gets mad and screams but it's only for a minute or two.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2009