Ok I have a 21 month old daughter and she keeps getting craddle cap

I have tryed everything to get rid of it.. what else can i do.. she is starting to loose her hair from scratting at it.. HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Use a fine tooth comb when she's in the bath and apply conditioner to the hair then comb the scalp gently.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:37 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I used baby oil. Let it sit in her hair for 2 minutes and comb. Yes you kind of have to scratch it. Do it about every 2 days. MY boy had it also at that age. Now its gone.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:40 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I used head and shoulders twice a week on my 3 month old, her pediat suggested it. It went away completely after the 2nd time. I still did it for a while to make sure it was gonecompletely. Hers was bad... I put socks on her hands but she scratched it until it was bleeding. I felt so bad for her.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:44 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I dont inderstand why she has it now, she never had it while she was a baby ans i wash her hair everyday
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• You might want to contact her doctor if she has never had it before. I am certainly not an expert, but it just doesn't sound right. Perhaps something else that you are using (shampoo, soap, hats) could be drying out her scalp. Maybe she is allergic to an indgreedient in her shampoo...
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 11:01 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• my 2 year old has a several case of craddle cap. ask your childs ped. they gave me some shampoo and worked great
    BabyBuzz

Answer by BabyBuzz at 11:45 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• My sons came back and stayed forever - he's 23 months and its finally gone. I had to use head and shoulders and his normal shampoo- 2 times a week and it cleared up in about 6 washings
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Just a thought - it might not be cradle cap, but scoriasis... If it didn't start till recently, cradle cap is unlikely. Or, as a PP said, it might be an allergy. I suggest talking to your pedi about it, if it is scoriasis, the sooner it is dealt with the better.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 4:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• i dont think its scoriasis because i have it on my hands and it dont look the same
    bncth

Answer by bncth at 4:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• If you have it then your DD has a much higher chance of having it (it is genetic). It wouldn't look the same b/c scalp skin is much softer and thinner than hand skin - so scalp scoriasis looks more like severe, deep, yellow-ish dandruff (a lot like cradle cap), while hands would look more like severely cracked, dry skin. I really would have a doc look at it.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 4:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2009