Husband snores loudly

I want to sleep with my husband but his snoring keeps me up. I currently sleep in another room. (I can even hear him through the wall)

How can I treat his snoring without involving a doctor?

Thanks,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Health

• They make snoreing strips.
    cplayboyblonde

Answer by cplayboyblonde at 10:43 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Try nasal nose strips. Or a nasal spray.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:43 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Or ear plugs...lol
    mamaada

• You need to involve a doctor. It could be sleep apnea or another problem that could KILL him. My ex wouldn't see a doctor until he almost died. Now he sleeps with a machine and according to my kids no more snoring.

Not only could he die in his sleep but he could be falling asleep in the day for microseconds. He could cause an accident if he is driving. You and your kids could be in the car or he could kill other people or other people's kids.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:47 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• You will most likely need to get him to a doctor. We are dealing with the same thing here. If he has a nasal blockage it wil cause snoring and it's really a 10 min procedure to end it all if he just goes to the doctor...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:49 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• He may have sleep apnea. This can cause many medical problems, including heart disease. He needs to see a doctor and have a sleep study done.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• If he has a consistent snoring problem, it probably is sleep apnea. When he snores, does he stop then start again or make any gagging or choking noises as he snores? These are common signs of sleep apnea. My dad has it, and is on a breathing machine at night so he can rest. If it is not sleep apnea, try the nasal strips or a humidifier in the room. I do think it is something a doctor should look at though.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2009