omg i'm ALWAYS hungry!

i think i haven't adjusted from eating while pregnant to eating "normal" i'm always hungry! my baby is 2 months old and i want to lose some weight but i can't stop eating! i weigh 175 and would like to be 150 at the most 135-140 at the least! how do i get motivated & is there anything to do to curb my hunger?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Health

• You're eating because you're bored. you need to find something else to do. We have the same problem. I'm a stay at home mom and I have nothing better to do than eat. And now that the weather is getting cooler it's just going to be worse because you'll be in the house more and there aren't a lot of activites to do in the winter. Then you have thanksgiving dinner to look forward to. Good Luck! :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Sometimes if you drink a big glass of ice water when you are hungry it will make you less hungry or you will eat less. You may feel hungry when you are thirsty or if there is a bunch of water in your stomach your body will give you the full signal better when you are eating.

Eat fresh fruit. Even if it is expensive. It is low cal, high in nutrients, and fills you up. Things like blueberries are fun to eat because you eat them one by one like little candies. You can put blueberries or grapes in a single layer on a cookie sheet and freeze. Then put in a plastic bag. They are great frozen.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:02 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I'm wondering if you are eating the wrong foods. Are you eating lots of white flour products? Sweets? This foods give you a quick influx of sugar into your bloodstream, causing a "high" but then you also "crash" fairly soon after, causing you to feel hungry again, even though you really don't require any additional calories/fat intake. This is a tremendous source for weight gain or the inability to lose weight.

You need to eat whole grains, unrefined foods, and natural sugars (such as are present in fruit) rather than refined sugars.
    Anonymous

• Also, if you like nuts stock up on those. Almonds are especially good for curbing your appettite.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 2:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2009