what do you with your kids when it rains?

I have a 3 year old and a 18 month old baby and I was just wondering what you did when it rains? besides coloring , drawing, and watching cartoons

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Sometimes we head to the McD's playland. We all get drinks and hang out for about an hour (I usually take a book). We always try to go when it won't be very busy, usually around 2pm or 3pm, its a good way for them to burn off some excess energy.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 10:56 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• we play hide & go seek, "monsters" where one of us will hide & then jump out at each other
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Children's Museum, mall walking, McDonalds indoor playground
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Send em to school and daycare.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Why would you send them to daycare just because its raining?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• put them outside and see if they melt
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• depends.....we sometimes go to the indoor bounce house. Or maybe Chuck-E_Cheese. OR color and play forts. Or if it's a nice warm day and it's just rain..I put them in their bathing suits and let them run around in it. No difference then playing in the sprinkler or the pool in my book.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I don't really do much differently than I do when it doesn't rain.
    I take my 19-month-old on the porch to watch the rain and let him stick his hands out the window and feel it.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 11:38 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• We play mud football!!! I gather all the kids in the neighborhood and we just play football till were covered head to toe in mud. If its cold out and raining we go do something indoors like the library,go to a cheap resteraunt.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 11:44 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• We walked in puddles and collected worms and geckos. Sometimes we'd build a fort in the living room with sheets, then we'd make a picnic lunch and read books by flashlight. We would also sing along to music, dancing was always a favorite too! Candyland and memory games were always fun too.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 12:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2009