my daughter is almost 2 and she wants to be held

She just stated this not long ago..It like she wants to be held like a baby..She is with me all the time.. i never get break from her..I dont have any one for her to play with so its me and her all the time.. Even she she wants to take a nap i have to hold her to get her to sleep. what can i do...

bncth

Asked by bncth at 11:00 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ive got one of those, I hold her as much as I can. But sometimes I try to find something fun for her to do to take her mind off of wanting to be held.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 11:02 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I have tryed that and she bring it with her and wants me to hold her and it tooand i tell her no and she crys
    bncth

Answer by bncth at 11:05 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• First, maybe find a playgroup in your area, with similar age kiddos. This can get her at least interacting socially with other kids and give you a break and time to chat with other moms.
    Next, find something for her to do while your doing things around the house. Give her, her own "chores" to do. Have her help you "clean" by giving her a dry rag and tell her to dust the coffee table for you or wipe down the table for you, no matter if it's clean. It'll make her feel like a big girl. As far as naps go, you will just have to tough this one out. Put her in her own bed in her own room and (not sure if she's in a crib or not) but if she cries let her cry it out for a bit. If she gets up, put her right back. Tell her big girls nap in their own beds. You can rock her for a bit, just to get her sleepy, but not asleep and then put her down. That always worked for me.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:07 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• OMG... let her help you with chores or something or set up activities at a table. Mine helps with putting the silverware in the dishwasher
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 11:08 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• mine 2 and 3 months
    she was not a very hold me hold me toddler, she just started a playgroup and now she is clingy sometimes , so sometimes playgroup makes a child that is clingy into less clingy and sometimes a non clingy child is more clingy after starting playgroup
    ??
    you never know, except you do know that this too will pass with time

for you, chore idea is great, if your daughter is tired she may not be up for chores, is she clingy, or more clingy when she is tired? we read books before bed or nap or just when she needs some down time, when i put her down for nap/bed she has me to read a couple of books, then i leave, she gets two books in bed with her, she is pretty independant though, so this may take even more patience on your part. is there a mom you can find with a child the same age? one mom can get some stuff done, other can sit with kids, trade off??
    before you know she will starting school, hang in there
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• my daughter is also a 2 yr old "baby". she needs to be with me constantly. i know she just likes to be with me... but it can get a little tiresome and annoying. i think it just might be a stage... that she will hopefully outgrow. i try to make sure that i set aside time for her several times a day... just mommy and me time. i found that she isnt so clingy if i give her my undivided attention (which can be hard to do with the way life is these days). she WAS throwing tantrums because i was making her sleep in her toddler bed, when she wanted to sleep with me. try the furber method. it has really worked for us. after working on it for about a month... she goes to bed now without having a melt down. i would also suggest helping her find her independence. praise her when she does something on her own. i think that most little girls this age get attached to their mommies. im sure that the "indenpendent" stage is soon to follow.
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 11:23 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• well if she brings the activity with her so you can hold her why not try something more fun? Cover the table with newspaper and put a few pieces of computer paper down and give her some finger paints. yeah it will be messy but she will have loads of fun.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:35 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• i had to just start telling mine now because with me pregnant i cant be carring all the extra weight. and the problem we ran into is everyone else held her and we had to put a stop to that. we make her walk everywhere, weather if it is trying to get her in the car and she throws a fit crying we have had to actually get in the car once day and start it up for her to come running. its hard but its much easyer when she is up moving all the time by herself
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Do it. It is a security issue for her. She could be going through a little separation anxiety too at this time. It will be over quicker than you want it to. She will grow up and you will look back on these days as a precious time. She needs you, she's telling you and it will pass.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:44 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• My daughter is 2 and she is also very clingy. She does help me around the house, and plays with her toys, and plays with her brother but I have to be nearby all the time. She does take a nap by herself, but other then that she is very much Mama oriented. I can't even go the bathroom without her wanting to come in there with me, and if she isn't in there with me she is on the other side of the door protesting loudly. She wants me to hold her a lot, which I do. I think it's just a normal phase at this age and I'm going to enjoy it because I know she wont be this little very long. I know I feel so worn out by the end of the day.
    Mama2JoshKatie

Answer by Mama2JoshKatie at 12:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2009