My 30th Birthday

I am depressed, upset, angry... And maybe in the end I am really just being selfish. My birthday is tomorrow and my husband is doing nothing for my 30th.. I spent about 5 to 6 months planning his surprise 30th b-day party and spent a lot of money putting it on. And I did all of this while he was at home full time off work from an injury. His reason for not planning anything for me is, I don't know what to do. Use your imagination... You should know what I do and don't like after almost 11 years together.
Is it wrong that I am feeling like this?? I am just over reacting? Being 7 months pregnant and all that isn't a shock.

Baileysmom22304

Asked by Baileysmom22304 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• My oldest son's 30th was yesterday! Happy Birthday! I'm old enough to be your mom.

He is just being a guy. You see guys have a x and a y gene. A y gene is a x gene with one arm missing. On that arm that is missing is the instructions on how to treat your woman on her birthdays, anniversarys, and other occasions:)

The good news is you can make plans yourself. Today decide what you want to do and make the arrangements. If you don't think he bought you a gift then go out and buy something. Get your hair cut and nails done. If your birthday plans include him, figure out a way to tell him the plan and ask him to be extra nice.

For next year start setting aside money every week. Just $10 a week and you would have $500 to have a fantastic birthday!!!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:54 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• OMG! I think you and I are the same person. Lol. My 30th was in September. I was thinking DH was going to do something really big. Especially because I love my B-days. But he didn't. I had to plan a trip to Vegas. We ended up having a good time but then he also didn't buy me anything or even give me a card. Then my mom who lives a apartment away didn't even call me until like 2:00 in the afternoon. She didn't ask if we were doing anything didn't ask how Vegas was nothing. So I was upset. I cried a little because I felt bad and my husband told me that I was being uappreciative. So I understand where your coming from. Especially being prego.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• me don't taken hints very well. If you want something, you have to ask for it. tell him, "I want to go to XYZ for dinner tonight and tomorrow I want you tot take me shopping for ABC" Women wish men would come up with amazing romantic ideas on their own, but few of them can. And those who can do so irregularly. Don't think that 11 years together means he knows what you like. This kind of stuff just isn't hardwired into most men.

Since you're pregnant, he's also probably thinking that he needs to save money for the baby.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• yea i know how u feel mine didn't do anything for my b-day either i had made plans for us (bc what gailll said is true u have to tell them exactly what u want) and we had to cancel so we sat at home and did nothing.
    kat324

Answer by kat324 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• ! ! HAPPY B-DAY ! !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 6:18 PM on Oct. 10, 2009