why does my daughters crib/room smells like urine?

every night when i put my daughter in her crib it starts smelling like urine. i don't smell anything during the day, i washed her bedding and cleaned her mattress. she gets a new diaper on before i put her in her bed but as soon as she lays down in her crib it starts smelling like urine. it is so strong that the whole room smells like it... what could be reason for that?

Diana0086

Asked by Diana0086 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Health

• Do you keep a diaper pail in her room? It could be from diapers sitting in the trash can. Or, do you have a dog? Only things I can think of.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:48 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• maybe its gone down into the wires under the mattress, or the wall. You may need to scrub and hose down the crib and wipe down the raes in the room where she sleeps
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• 'areas' sorry i misspelled that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Pour some vinegar and baking soda in the diaper pail (if you are using cloth)

Answer by rkoloms at 12:26 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I would suspect trash can or diaper pail. If neither of those, then I would think it has really soaked into the mattress, or is maybe in the carpet. Also, check under the crib and any hidden areas to make sure there's no used diapers. My ex changed a diaper one time, and we threw them away in the garage, he put it on the floor but forgot about it when the phone rang. It got kicked somehow into the closet and started to stink after a while. I still, 8 yrs later, have not figured out how he managed that, but he did, so that's something to check.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• your pet is pissing/spraying all over it
    Anonymous