Crazy Sleeping habits for my 11 month old.

The past month or so my daughter has been getting up no later than 6:30 every morning. Thats fine. What's killing me is she's waking up 1- times a night and staying up for an hour or two (the other night was four hours!). Hubby works night and if he is home, he stays up with her but I'm exhausted! What could be the reason for this? I know teething is probably a possibility but any other things you can think of or any suggestions to help her sleep better? I dont need her to sleep through the night, but sleep better.

Thank you!

(She is in the room with us. We live with my parents so keep that in mind with advice that she doesnt have her own room.)

MommyLee08

Asked by MommyLee08 at 11:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• My son is 14 months old, he wakes up on a good night 2x for milk. He doesnt want to stay awake but the waking up is making me so tired. I would suggest for you to leave some toys in her crib or play some music when she wakes up. Don't wake up with her because then she will get used to that. Does she want milk? or just want to play? I would leave the lights off and let her soothe herself back to sleep. I know you can't let her cry a little because of your living situation. I understand that.. I have 4 other kids who have to get up for school!! I hope this helps.

Christina
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 1:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2009