Any suggestions for me?

The man I'm dating has me very confused by his behavior. Lately, he is avoiding me! He hasn't emailed me or called me in over a week and a half. Do men come back after they withdraw from you? It's like he vanished into thin air. We have known each other for 3 years so this is not a new relationship. I am very frustrated with his behavior. This is not how you treat someone that you supposedly love. He's never done this before so it seems like a glaring red-flag. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• My 21 year old son has led a sheltered life. He is my youngest and we homeschooled. Unlike his brothers he didn't get into sports or scouts. He is an introvert. He started working at 16 at Subway and worked with almost all women and got along great. We lived in IN.

We now live in AZ and he works in an organic grocery meat dept with all men, some Mexican. My son has never been on a date. They give him a hard time about it and give all kinds of advice on women. My son likes this one girl at the store and they are trying to get them together.

He listens to how they talk about relationships and can't believe how disrespectful they treat women. Ignoring the woman is one of their bits of wisdom. Your guy may just be being a guy.

Call him and ask what's going on. If he doen't answer, track him down or call someone who knows him and find out what's going on.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Well, if this is a serious relationship(and he thinks so too... meaning he has said the I love yous and all) I would call him and email him to find out what is going on. It wouldn't be coming from the relationship POV(why hasn't he called, he always calles, etc), but in a "is he even okay" POV, ya know? And when you get a hold of him, just explain to him you were worried and that it's not like him to go MIA. GL
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 12:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• no word in a week and a half?

I would be worried

after you find out that he is ok, then you can be mad, frustrated etc

this doe snot sound normal for the two of you, so something is up

gl
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I would contact him and ask if he is all right. Once you confirm that he is, then you can tell him, "Well, I was worried about you. You usually call me ________. When you didn't, I thought something was wrong. Is everything ok?" That leaves it open for him to tell you what has been going on that he hasn't called, but doesn't make it seem like you are being pushy or demanding, even though after 3 yrs, I would say you have a right to be.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Mine does it all the time. Maybe we have the same guy! We've been together 3 yrs as well.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2009