plastic hairbrush smells musty sometimes?

I soak in bleach every few weeks, it sometimes smells musty.
it is plastic?
does plastic get old and have tiny pores and/or cracks that get old and therefore a musty smell when damp and not dry?

first noticed when I noticed my hair was musty smelling and I just thought maybe I used a towel that was musty, but there was no towel that smelled that way, just noticed the brush thing the other day, but it does not smell all the time

just get a new brush, will beaching again help, or do all old brushes do this

it is a plastic one with those little knobs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• You can try soaking it in vinegar and water. Or boiling it for a few minutes. But if it's plastic, you'd have to be careful it doesn't start to melt in the boiling water. It could just be the brush I suppose. I haven't had this problem before. Seriously caked on hair products, yeah. But no musty smells.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• is someone using the brush handle to masturbate with?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• i do not use hair products
    and the only one around i can see using to please themselves is a grown woman, that would be me, so no i have not (although that does make me think of getting a quicker with husband before he picks up the kids-lol) and it does not smell like pussy, it smells like a damp towel that the kids left on the floor after I told them a million times not to (they do not do that anymore because I made rule, that if they leave wet towel on floor they get to do a load of towels, the 9 year was caught last month, she likes to do laundry and asked to do more=go figure)

but hairbrush still smells musty once in a while???
    Anonymous