Angry, that 79 million they spent on crashing into the moon...

Kinda pissed, that 79 million they spent on crashing into the moon could have saved a lot of starving and dying children in other parts of the world. priorities???

All4OneN1forAll

Asked by All4OneN1forAll at 12:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh for the love of pete. It was done for a reason. WE NEED WATER.
    Anonymous

• You realize if they hadn't spent that money on the moon it never would have gone to feed any dying kids? It would've gone to pay for studying the methane levels in pig droppings or the mating habits of squirrels in Idaho or studying why men find women with big boobs attractive at Harvard. How about taking that $4.4 billion we spend to keep congress in the lap of luxury elsewhere instead? It would do a lot more good.

NASA is the only government funded entity that regularly generates a profit. Stripping their funding would be the least intelligent cut anyone could make.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• It could have helped people in this country. You know, those whose tax money got wasted one more time. BTW, the experiment was for water to use on the moon. According to the nightly news last night it was for some dumbass future moon colonization idea.
    Anonymous

• It could have helped people in this country.

$79 million wouldn't even cover the set up costs of the congressional committee to debate where to send the money.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Well, you can look at it like that from nearly ANY situation..... usually just not on that large of a scale.... but it's all relative.

Rich people COULD choose to drive Kias & opt out of visiting the jewelry store.... the middle class COULD choose to give up a little comfort & shut off their A/C & cable.... celebrities COULD sport fashions from Target & eat Taco Bell... and ALL that difference COULD be given to starving & dying children, too --- but it doesn't happen.

Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Educate yourself on what is going on. See the big picture. Look into Nibirus and the 2012 calendar. REALLY LOOK. Look at the crops we grow. WE cannot support our world right now. Because of our governments choices. This is a CRAZY ass time we live in. And, if you do a flow chart and look at all the freaking things going wrong....
    This just doesn't matter.
    Anonymous

• Laura,
    Why should they? Why should they give up living thier lifestyle for everyone else?
    Anonymous

• It could have gone to feed and help starving and dying people in the US. I'm starving and dying. Disabled people on SSI get to live on $675 a month and you can maybe get a max of $10 a month food stamps if you are on SSI. The last 6 weeks I've been on the starvation diet and lost 16 pounds! I have 0 money for the rest of the month, not even change. The cupboard is almost bare.

I want to work. I have too many medical conditions, on too many medications, and have to be hospitalized too often. The worst one is I have "the boy in the bubble" disease. I have to minimize being around people. I have to get gamma globulin IVs every three weeks that take all day and make you sick for 2 days after. I get infections quick and I'm allergic to most antibiotics. It takes twice as long for infections to go away.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Oh hell, my priorities sure are not in some other country.
    Here we sit with a true unemployment of about 20% and you think they should be sending money to the poor arount the world. Unbelievable.
    I understand there are people who don't believe we should be pursuing space exploration at all but do you feel different about the stupid things they are spending the so called stimulus on, turtles, sex research, studies of why birds poop, bike paths and money for forests in states that have no forests. So many wasteful projects I can't name in this box.
    At least this is doing something and the money wasn't given out of stimulus. I'd think any greenies would want to have somewhere to go when the earth implodes.
    The united states has a funded space program.
    Why not gripe about all the millions the government is wasting, all extra positions Obama added so his buddies could have a prominate positon. I could go on and on.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• please don't
    Anonymous