Should pregnant women who live in USA illegally receive free prenatal care?

If you think not! What would it be your suggestion to address the situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I just learned that, according to the Constitution, EVERY PERSON in the US has legal access to all social programs - programs run by the gov't. ... This was clarified a couple of years ago when a social service like education was at issue in some community. The school system was buckling under the flood of illegal immigrants' children so they tried to get out of being responsible for taking care of them (free daycare, afterall) for 30 hours per week plus all the school supplies and free lunches. But when the case got to the Supreme Court, the justices found that the section in the Constitution DOES NOT say "legal citizens" - it says "persons" in the United States.

Understanding this, I feel better about all the social programs serving illegals. It IS Constitutional.

Of course, this means that Obama DID - KNOWINGLY - LIE when he said no illegals would get health care coverage. Legally, they HAVE to. And Wilson knew it !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• No. If they're here illegally, they shouldn't be allowed to stay here. Period.
    Anonymous

• Well, regardless of her status, there is a human being inside her body, correct? If you want to look at it in purely scientific terms, she is just an incubator for another life. Since it seems too many people don't think illegal people are human beings, maybe looking at it in purely scientific terms will make you feel better about it. The baby inside her womb deserves a chance at health and a good life, do they not? It is not their fault their mother is here illegally.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I completely agree with caitxrawks. I think any woman regardless of her situation should receive prenatal care. I don't believe in punishing the baby for their parents mistakes.
    2princesnaKing

Answer by 2princesnaKing at 12:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I think good prenatal care should be available to anyone, regardless of their circumstances. I think it would lessen the burdens on our health care system to have prenatal problems addressed in a timely fashion so they can be corrected whenever possible.

But then, I have a lot of compassion for illegals. It seems too self-righteous to say that because I had the fortune to be born here, I can live in relative comfort and deny the blessings that come with living in America to anyone who was not so fortunate in their place of birth.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 12:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Only if every other woman who can't afford care ( and no not every one who can't afford care qualifies for medicaid) has care. I don't think a illegal immigrant and her baby should be put before a legal citizen and her baby.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 1:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• No, I dont' think it's right, but they do. Even for WIC, when the children are born they can still get it because the children are citizens. But come on, how much cheese can kids eat?
    Anonymous

• No they shouldn't. They can go back to the country they came from. As long as there is a hungry or homeless American illegals should receive NOTHING. Let their country of origin take care of them.

This may sound harsh, but too bad. Americans come first.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• No, because then we have anchor children to keep the mom in the states.....send them back across the border.
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 1:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• No, but they do. They are here illegally.  They are breaking the law.  Talk about rewarding criminal behavior.  If we traveled to their country of origin illegally, I doubt we would get prenatal care.  More likely locked up and shipped out. 

Anonymous