Did you promise your self, that you would not let something happen to your child that happen to you

and it is happening. I promised my self, I would never let my kids fight like I did. I was raised in a wild area. I started fighting in 2nd grade. It was a part of the life style, if you avoided it, you were the target for the year, and years to come. My kids are raised not to fight-use your words, so a neighbor moves in she was raised where I was raised, years ago, it is even harder to survive their now as a kid and her daughter is harrassing my daughter. How do you protect your child? I am looking to move, not only because of that but because of the area it's self. This is just pushing me to do it quicker. Also, a couple of people came up to me, who are not friends of my daughter just went to day care with her, and said there are about 20 people, males and females-yelling at my daughter, saying things to her in the hall. How do I teach my daughter to protect her self, if she don't like to fight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Teach her to run like an Olympic champ until you move.
    Anonymous

• look at your options OP! not all areas have cherries ontop, but look at surrounding towns and check out their school systems and crime rates! or just move to a different part of town! teach your child to stick up for herself, maybe enroll her on a karate class which not oly teaches the moves, but mental discipline. my son is still very young, but when my parents divorced i was often in the middle and it really hurt. I saw my parents depend on alcohol for comfort. I promise to never go in that direction if something like that happens to the family, and to not drag my son down with me
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• TALK TO THE SCHOOL! NO CHILD SHOULD BE TREATED LIKE THIS, PERIOD. IF THE SCHOOL DOESN'T HELP, CONTACT THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES!
    Anonymous

• I made a vow to myself that no matter what it took, that I would give my child a better childhood than I had. So far I have been able to do this.
    Anonymous

• First off how old is she? Second you need to go to the school and make yourself known. Have a meeting with the principle, and her teacher. The more fuss you make over it the better. Make it clear to the school that bullying will not be tolerated. Also let them know not to single your daughter out, other wise it's going to make her more of a target.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I did and so far so good. For the most part I had a great childhood, but I was molested for 3 years and I then moved on to an abusive boyfriend at 15/16. So yeah I know the signs and I will watch like a hawk for them.

As for your case MrsLeftlane said what I would.
    Anonymous