Question about baptism...

I have made the choice to start taking my DD to church on Sundays. I think it will be good for her.

We will most likely attend a methodist church, so I guess the question is.....can she get baptised (sp?) in a methodist church?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i don't see why not. you want to check with the church though, some don't baptise until you are a member. some have membership cards, some don't. just ask them
    Anonymous

• OP here: I was never baptised but I would like to be able to be at some point. I know I have to be saved and that is soon to come. I just want my DD to have the CHOICE to be able to be baptised or not.
    Anonymous

• I went to a Presbyterian church as a kid, and visited my grandparent's United Methodist church every summer and Christmas. When I was around 12, the UMC baptized my older brother and me. My younger brother (11) did not get baptized by his own choice. I've seen babies baptized there, so there's no set age limit. We didn't take any classes or have to join the church (my grandparents were members tho).

anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Baptism means different things to different people. Check with the church and see what they teach.
    erdavh

Answer by erdavh at 1:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Yes. Methodist churche will babtize babies. Other trinity churches will not do it until the child can make thier own decision on doing so. A peticostal church I attended did baby dedication service. Ask the pastor.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 2:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I was baptised in the Methodist church as a baby. I don't remember ever witnessing an adult be baptised in the Methodist church. Maybe they do those in private. 

Anonymous

• I just called my Methodist friend. She said they normally sprinkle but that in some cases they will do full submersions but it depends on the preacher.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Some churches don't baptize young children. They feel that the child maybe too young to understand what is happening.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• My sister just called. I had no idea she was Methodist but she says her church (in a large city) baptizes in water.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I was baptized in my grandparent's swimming pool. Babies get sprinkled.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 8:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2009