Coloring hair

Can you color your hair while being pregnant? I'm 6 months pregnant and wondering if it would be okay to do that.

MaKennaMama

Asked by MaKennaMama at 12:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you decide to do it, wear gloves and open the windows/doors of the room you are in. The biggest issue is fumes and baby, so you can minimize that risk.

HOWEVER, a cautionary tale... I dyed my hair at 6 weeks pregnant (trying to go back to my natural color so I wasn't dying it throughout pregnancy), and it didn't take. It majorly stained my hands and random spots in my hair decided to stay the other color. It looked like leopard print hair and I spent the rest of my pregnancy with my hair up all the time.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 12:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• You can if you want, but make sure you are in a well ventilated area. Read the instructions and good luck! I would recommend not doing it every 6 weeks, but maybe 10 or more weeks.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Yeah, its fine. Just be warned that it may not turn out the color you want it.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 2:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Everything reacts weird when pregnant. The color may come out differently than you wanted.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2009