delivery room crisis update

well here it is we finally talked this morning and i'm in the wrong because now she wasnt going to be in the delivery room but the waiting room and because if she was to give me a ride to the hospital it would be rude for me to turn around and tell her to go home (and take care of her 12, 8,4 yr old kids that are left home alone as is) and i told him i could take an ambulance or taxi 24 hrs a day... well he turned off his phone or is ignoring my phone calls i dont know..

oh ladies did i fall to mention that im in the early phase of labor my stomach has been tightning but no pain to it and they are consecutive and lots of them...

i dont want this chick to think im her cergot mother because its my child not hers .

kristi_prncess_

Asked by kristi_prncess_ at 12:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No it would NOT be rude to tell her "it's ok you can go home and care for your own children now." My mother dropped me off at the hospital front door and went on to work when I went with my second child!!!! My son drove me and my oldest dd an hour to the hospital when dd was having her son. He turned around and drove home and went back to bed so it is NOT rude to say "Thanks for the ride. I appreciate it but I know you have your own responsibilities to get home to"

Answer by admckenzie at 12:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• sorry I missed your first post so I'm lost. Whatever is happening to your pregnancy or someone else's I hope the new mom can be calm for her own health and new baby's. Focus on mom's needs and baby's needs, kids separately away from him. No drama for kids or the new mama.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• You need to make sure your insurance covers an ambulance. It's expensive. It can take a long time for a taxi to come. I was separated from my husband and took a taxi to the hospital. The driver was really worried and got me there quick! I kept telling him it was my third baby and it wasn't going to come in his cab.

I haven't read your other posts so I don't know what's going on.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• if the issue is you don't want this lady to take you then have a freind take you or a neighbor. anyone, surly you have plenty of people who can take you. maybe i needed to read your first post
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• ummm....If it were me in ur situation I would think he has lost his freaking mind lol. I cannot even believe he asked for his new GF to be in the room! No way in Hell I would allow her to be in there. I didn't even really want my MIL in there lol. Wow!!
    kolbiesmommy

Answer by kolbiesmommy at 1:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Okay, look. She is his new gf of 2 months or less. She has NO relation to you or that baby. This is YOUR delivery. YOU chose who will be in the room, not the father. If he wants her to have a relationship with the baby, she can do that during his visitations (make sure you get custody/visitation/Child support through Court order so it can be enforced!). You have ZERO obligation to this woman.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• best wishes. i just worry that you are being really unrealistic about your relationship with this man and are going to get hurt in the end. take care :)
    Anonymous

• I think I would just tell her to back off. It seems like she thinks she's going to be raising YOUR child. She is the girlfriend, and a new one at that! You have every right to tell her to back off. Its your baby, not hers. She has no say what so ever in any of this.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Yeah, she is acting like youre a surrogate or birth mother for HER baby! I would tell her absolutely not, and if she wants to have a relationship with your child, she will have plenty of time to do so when your child visits its father.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• personally ladies i would rather break this womans hands before she lays a finger on my baby i dont know what elts to do my mother said that i'm being too nice and i no longer am to think of anyone elts feelings other than my own , she said you could tell me that you dont want me in the delivery room and well that is your choice, she also said that no one matters more than what i want right now because i told her that its really bad because im this baby's mother and i dont even want to be at my own childs birth :-( because i feel like its not even my baby like i'm having this child for some one elts well ladies ill tell you if i find out this woman ends up trying to pass my child off as her own then im going to get assult charges agenst me because i will not and i repeat I WILL NOT let any person take mother hood away from me.
    kristi_prncess_

Answer by kristi_prncess_ at 8:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2009