After my dh arrives at bootcamp, does anyone know about how long it will be before i get any form of contact?

mdhart03

Asked by mdhart03 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• What branch is he going in? My husband is going into the Air force, and he gets his contract and all before he leaves and I will most likely take it home he takes it with him.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 1:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• It should be right away....sort of. In the Navy, they let you mail home once a week, so it's not like it's a long time. We got a few phone calls home (2), but that depended on what division you were in.
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 1:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Usually when they arrive at bootcamp in the first three days they are given a postcard to fill in that basically says. I'm here. Im fine. Write me at this address don't send packages with.XYZ...in them.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• No news is good news. lol
    Anonymous

• When i went into the army i got to call home just to say im here and im ok. Then i got a post card to send home saying the same thing and that there are things they cant send me. I was able to write often but was only able to get to the mail box once twice if i was lucky for the first few weeks. After that i was able to run to the mailbox more often but it was hard to get the time to do that. But dont worry if you dont hear from him right away its hard to get the time to call or write. You get so tired you use what time you can to just relax. Good luck to him and hope all goes well.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• When I was in Air Force basic training it took me a couple of weeks to get around to writting a full letter home. I did the post card thing when I first arrived at San Antonio telling my family I was ok. But it took me a couple of weeks to get down the routine and FIND time to write. The military has the troops very busy from the time they get up to the time the sleep. In little spare time we had we were studying or shining boots or getting ready for the next day. The T.I's let us figure out how to set up a system of jobs within our flights and we eventually found time to write home. Try not to worry, he will figure it all out soon.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• My husband is in the Marine Corps and you get a 7 second phone call when they arrive there and that is it. I recieved my first letter from him about 3 weeks into training.
    LuvMyMarine1024

Answer by LuvMyMarine1024 at 7:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2009