does anyone have an one of those fake electric fireplaces? does it really heat up a room and how were your electricity bills. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Think about it. ELECTRIC fireplaces, use ELECTRICITY! If needed to heat your home, they are no different than a ELECTRIC space heater, or your ELECTRIC baseboard heating system.

It's just another way people will scam you out of your money! Just like the "Solar Powered Clothes Dryer" (which is my all time favorite scam!!!) You sent the company something like $200 and they sent you a package of clothes rope!!! (This was like 15-20 years ago--brilliant in it's simplicity!) lololol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• ^^I'm not catching the point there ^^

They really are just a fancy space heater. They do heat small spaces. I know I personally wouldn't spend the money on one.
    Anonymous

• OP here. well, i need a space heater for a small living room, i thought that if a fake fireplace heats up just like a space heater I would get one because they look nice and i wouldnt mind spending $150 on it. but if it doesnt heat up and its just for show then i wont buy it.
    Anonymous