What herbs and addtl. spices would you add to this?

I have some super thick sirloin pork cuts, planning to marinate them in some olive oil and minced garlic, but not sure what herbs to add to it. Rosemary maybe? Thyme? And would you add any other spice besides maybe a little salt and pepper?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I think I'd use basil instead, I usually use rosemary for lamb or sometimes chicken. Other then the garlic, I can't think of anything...sounds good though.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Depends on what tase you want. If you add ginger to the garlic and oil you get a more asian inspired flavor. Thyme or basil a little more italian flavor. Although a great italian inspired marinade is Kraft Zesty Italian dressing.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• just a lil fyi...thanks to my mom being addicted to cooking shows, we saw that if you dont use salt while cooking meats it actually helps keep it moist. the salt pulls moisture out of meat. just serve the salt at the table :-)
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• For a thick pork steak, you can use some hearty herbs like rosemary, thyme or sage. Sage, in fact, is always awesome with pork.
    SelaCarsen

Answer by SelaCarsen at 3:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I agree with daisy521. I'd use basil instead, and possibly some sliced green onions, but garlic, basil and pepper are delicious on pork!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2009