Convertible Carseats

For my daughter's first birthday, my mom wants to buy us a carseat. I dont want to pick one too expensive but she wants to buy a nice one. Can you ladies give me some names to research?

MommyLee08

Asked by MommyLee08 at 1:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Sunshine Kids is a brand. They have fairly expensive seats but they will last you for a really long time. We have 2 and love them. They way you won't have to buy a seat now and then a booster later. Safety first makes some as well as cosco. Good luck. By the way the safety features on these sold me so make sure you do some research before buying.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Graco Myride65 is a great seat! it rear faces to 40lbs then forward faces to 65-and it has the cutest patterns! it runs about $150.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• We have an Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It literally goes from 5 lbs-100lbs so you don't ever have to get anything new. Here's a link: Toys R US 

Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Oh, I also drive a 2-door Hyundai Accent. The car seat will be in my car since Im the one who usually drives her and if we go out we usually take me car. If that helps for suggestions.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• i have the cosco scenera it rf up to 35lbs its about $55
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• For a small car I would recommend the True Fit or a Sunshine Kids seat... they are tall and slender, not big and bulky like a lot of seats.
    The Alpha Omega 3in1 seats are very nice to look at, but they arent very well made. They rank high on consumer reports... but well... thats because they look pretty. They pass crash test standards, but they dont perform as well as other seats. Stay away from most 3-in-1 seats. They usually dont rear face long, and they dont harness in a 5pt very long either, and they make horrible boosters.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2009