do you think im overfeeding my son?

my son is 10 mos old he was e.breast feed until 7 mos, hes 10 mos now. he eats 3 stage 3 baby food jars, he eats snacks twice a day usually half bannana or hand full of puffs or something like that. he drinks about 8 oz water, 6oz juice, and (4) 8oz bottles of formula daily. i never make him eat, he always opens his mouth or feeds himself, he cries for his bottles. personally i think hes just going to be a big boy, but my family is always telling me im overfeeding him and to cut back! whats your advice? he just turned 10 mos and weighs 26lb and 31in tall,hes very active already cruising on furniture, and can walk with min support. how much does your 10 mt weigh?

mrsaustin271

Asked by mrsaustin271 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son ia 10 months (almost 11 months now) He weighs 26 lbs and is around 32 in. He eats a TON! 4-5 six ounce bottles, animal crackers, cheerios, oatmeal for breakfast, a smoothie for lunch (it's the only way i can get vegetables in him, it's a banana, apple juice, yogurt, and a vegetable of some sort) and for dinner he eats whatever. He has slowed down on how much he eats since he was 9 months, but he's a big boy! :) His daddy was on the defensive line in high school though, so it runs in the family to be bigger boys. LOL :) He's fine!
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• My son was a big boy as well at 10 months he weighed 28 pounds and was around 3 ft tall he was constantly eating as well. My doctor told me to feed him whne he was hungry he was kind of a chunk when he was little, and he is still huge for his age, thin.. but just big he is only seven and looks like a ten year old. He weighs 75 pounds and is an inch shy of 5 ft tall already.

My daughter on the other hand is going to be 2 in less than a month and only weighs 23 pounds and is 32 inches long and she is healthy as well she is just petite :)
    So I think as long as you feed him healthy food not junk food he should be okay.
    CrystalPmom2

Answer by CrystalPmom2 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• If he is active, and not feeding him like some of those poor kids on tv, (three hambugers and a pizza really??)

he is fine. DD, is only jsut shy of 6 months, and eats like a horse now. (loves sweet potatos)
    But still is thinner. TALLLL but thinner. I think you are ok.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 3:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I was told by my pediatrician that up to a year, let them eat however much they want as long as its healthy and balanced. I think DS was eating much like your little guy at about the same age. He is now in the 50th percentile for weight and the 75th for height at 3.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 3:34 PM on Oct. 9, 2009