High tempered kid & childcare.

I have to go back to work because my DH's job cannot pay the bills. We share a car, so it will be difficult in itself. If I get a job, I gotta put the kiddo in daycare, and Im scared. He is so needy of me.(almost 1 year old) He has only been away from me for a few hours on maybe 6 occasions. He crys constantly when I put him in my churchs nursary during service or leave him with my sister for a few minutes. Maybe I am pariniod, but I fear that be will be mistreated or neglected. Has anyone been in my shoes? What happenned? Did it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Can you work opposite shifts so that one of you is always home with your child?
    Anonymous

• My husbands shifts vary. He works for different events, so somtimes it is at 5 in the morning, 1 in the afternoon, or 5 in the evening. I do not have any friends or relatives that are willing to take on the responsibility.

Yes, I am revealing myself now.m LOL
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 2:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Yes, I had a difficult high tempered child. It took about a week for him to not get upset and cry after I left and he had sad times throughout the day but it got better, he still crys at drop off but his teacher now says he's fine ( and I have stopped in to watch him and its true ) after a few minutes. just make sure someone will be taking the time to coddle him a little to help ease the tranistion. YOU have to be strong too - or he will have a harder time.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2009