Do twins always mean a C-Section?

I don't know anyone who has twins, but I was wondering if when pregnant with twins does that mean you'll automatically receive a C-Section?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Twins always mean c-sections with lazy doctors. One of the first questions to ask, when you are considering doctors to deliver your child(ren) is "what is your c-section rate"?

Answer by rkoloms at 3:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• No, having twins doesn not always mean a C-Section. I know of 2 moms that gave birth vaginally with twins and one of the moms was my aunt.
    Anonymous

• no check out this great video about twin and triplets natural birth (the video is clean) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E-wULAaD50

Anonymous

• i agree w/ the other ladies. one question to ask your dr is his policy on twins. if he doesn't even allow you to try labor, i would find another dr. the main reason why dr's don't like to have twins born vaginally is time. it doesn't happen fast enough for them. also, dr's will use the excuse that one baby is breech, and dr's (usually) won't catch babies that are breech. but, many women have given birth to twins and triplets vaginally.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 3:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• i was going to post the very same as anon. that video is pretty cool.

i have a friend with twins. she didn't deliver them all-natural, but she did deliver them vaginally, with an epidural.

a woman pregnant with twins might have to work harder to find a good doctor or midwife though
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Nope, I know a girl who just gave birth to twins vaginally, and she was fine. It sometimes depends on their position and size as well. I just had a c section 2 weeks ago, though...and if you DO have to have one, don't fret. It was a million times better than everyone told me and what I expected. Best of luck to you! :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Depends on the hospital. I am a L&D nurse and the group of hospitals I work for do not allow twin vaginal deliveries. So it's not always the doctors..but the hospital they work for. You have to take that into consideration when choosing your doctor and hospital!
    Anonymous

• I know some moms who have had twins at home! And some friends of mine are triplets and they were born vaginally.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 5:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2009