Dont know what to think

I still talk to my ex all the time. We were always good frineds after the break up. Well i was talking to him the other day and now he tells me that he is still in love with me. I still love him. He was the first person that i was ever in love with so there will always be apart of me that loves him. But now im married and i have a 4 month old son. But i cant stop thinking about him. I know that if i never joined the army that me and him would still be togeather today. But i just feel so guilty that i cant stop thinking about him. What do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Follow your heart dear. That has to be a hard decision to make on your part. How do you feel about your husband now? I don't think anyone can make this decision for you, just help you and give you opinions. Is your ex abuseive, or was it a bad relationship? how about your current relationship? Just follow your heart and go with your gut instinct - that has alwasy worked fo rme!!! Good Luck
    Anonymous

• OP here
    I love my husband. But he dosnt help me like he should. Today i was doing my school work and DH got mad at me because he was playing a videogame and DS started to cry. My ex was a great guy. The reason that we broke it off was because i joined the army and he was going to be back home. We knew that it would be to hard for a long distance relationship. But if it wasnt for that i know we would have still been togeather. My head is telling me to stay with my husband and my heart just hurts. Im so confused.
    Anonymous

• Please stay with your husband and keep your family intact. Your loyalty should be with your husband and your baby deserves to keep his family together. My ex had an affair and left for another woman. He is miserable now and I will not take him back. The grass is not always greener on the other side and the innocent victim will be your child.
    Anonymous

• If you and your husband really aren't getting along and don't have a good relationship, than let that make your decision. Don't leave your husband for another guy. I agree that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I don't think leaving your husband for another guy/ex would be healthy for you. This is just my opinion and they will all be different im sure.
    Anonymous

• Don't let others get in your head with all this "keep your family intact." Bull. A happy mommy and daddy, apart is better than miserable together. My ex, my children, and myself are happier since the divorce. I am dating a terrific guy, my ex is back with his girlfriend whom he never stopped loving, and my children do not have to see us unhappy. We realized that we both belonged on different paths and now we are best friends and co-parents. I must agree with a PP. Don't leave your husband for someone else, the guilt will eat at you, but don't stay in a unhappy marriage for the sake of family, that will eat at you as well. Make your decision on the merit of your marriage. I am sure that you will choose the road best for you and baby. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• You need to do what is best for your child.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:26 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• do you love your dh like you love him..how do you pic yourself in 2 yrs....is your ex worth your marriage....
    Anonymous

• if the only things that are bugging you about the current husband of yours is that he does not help and complains about it, work on your relationship. your other husband did not have a child in the picture, he could be the same way

hindsight is 20/20

funny how we remeber the good things, but forgot why we are not together with that person

you can not tell me that you two are not together just because of miles were separating you, you two separated because you were not together in your hearts

stay with your husband and work it out
    Anonymous