Am wrong for feeling this way?

My bfs rick came up to see us with her 3month old...Last nite we get a call that her daughter had a fever of 102.5. ...granted she dont have a fever today...but that dont mean shes not sick...She would be meeting my son for the first time who is only 3wks old! Am i wrong for not wanting to go...cause i am worried her daughter could still be sick and pass it to my son??

oxcarirenexo

Asked by oxcarirenexo at 3:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• youre just a good mother. i would do the same and suggest the little girl goes to the doctor first
    micahsmommy512

Answer by micahsmommy512 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• No, as your son's mother it is completely your jurisdiction to call it on these issues. And if you feel that there's a possibility that your son could get sick from this child then feel free to keep him away from her due to his very young age. Good Luck with this :).
    mommatomanyy

Answer by mommatomanyy at 3:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Not wrong at all. I would just explain that it may be best to get together at a later time. Doctors will tell you, do not be around small children for at least 24 hours after the fever breaks. Stand your ground on this one. You are only trying to protect your babies health and it is not wrong of you to do so.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• No. You are not wrong. It's good to be careful. You don't want your newborn getting sick and ending up in the hospital. I wouldnt feel bad.
    annette3077

Answer by annette3077 at 10:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2009