Where should they go?

What do you do when you ground your kid from all their fun activities. Where do you have them go if they can't be by the tv, outside playing, or anywhere else having fun. In their room?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• in the living room with me
    Anonymous

• What are the age(s)?
    viridian

Answer by viridian at 3:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Anon has a good idea, I would make them my shadow, where ever I go, they go. If I am washing dishes (depending on age) then they are either watching me, or they are drying the dishes, and so on...if I am folding laundry, they are too, if I am scrubbing the tub, then they are too....little hard work never hurt anyone! :)
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 3:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• My child is 11
    Anonymous

• sit at the dining room table reading a book or writing sentences.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Extra chores with me or, if they're not doing chores, they have the option to sit in the corner & stare at the walls of whatever room I am working in. If the grounding is for an extended period of time b/c of multiple infractions of the rules, then they do get the opportunity to earn things back in 15 minute increments by being perfect little angels all day, everyday until they've earned enough time to have one full day's worth of activities, at which point we have a sit-down discussion & review the punishment & the behavior that got them there in the first place. True contrition will earn a full pardon, but attitude will only cause the sentence to continue.
    Anonymous

• When my youngest daughter is on restriction (it always seems to be her...lol) I have her learn an extra chore and I have her work on some learning workbooks I keep have her do during the summer but she hasn't finished. She is the type of child who cannot retain information by traditional test studying - she only learns the material by applying the material to situations as in homework exercises - so I go online to our school system website and print off some worksheets for her to work on from courses she is having trouble in.
    I would rather see my child use her time wisely rather than sit in her room letting her mind go to waste.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:43 AM on Oct. 12, 2009