What's something that has shocked you today? Hearing something, reading something, whatever...

Mine is: My MIL, who works in a dialysis center as a nurse does NOT know what HIPAA stands for or means.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Wow . . . I love when people try to talk about Hipaa, but spell it Hippa . . . clearly they don't know too much about what they're talking about.

Nothing in particular has shocked me today. I no longer find it shocking that dh, yes I said dh, will walk right past the dishwasher to put his glass in the sink. lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize. I thought you had to DO something, not have intentions to do something.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 3:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• OP: lol. bridget, I thought you were implying that I misspelled HIPAA and I double checked!
    Anonymous

• The NPP going to BO for "attempting". Hell, even Nixon attempted to end the Viet Nam War. He didn't get a darn medal for the attempt. LBJ signed the Civil Rights Bill. He didn't get a medal. I just don't know how this was even considered. The MSNBC poll I voted on showed, at the time I voted, 71% of Americans think it was not deserved. This is shocking too!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Oh no OP . . . I just think it's funny when people spell it like Hippo. I wasn't trying to correct you!

Wow, Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize . . . now that is shocking!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• A Mom in Pennsylvania who had carried a weapon to her kid's soccer game was shot by her husband (at a game) ....both were nuts and both carried weapons to soccer games. I suppose they believed in having guns and ammo and thought they had the right. @@ Guns at a soccer game? Paranoid. They dropped out of school in 9th grade. So--do we really want imbiciles, junior high drop outs , packing heat , owning weapons without having been mentally evaluated first? Paranoid idiots at a soccer game. What is wrong with people/ THAT Shocked me. But I shouldn't be surprised. The USA is filled with gun totin' dropouts. It makes me sick.
    Anonymous

• The Obama Nobel Peace Prize thing got me too.... seriously.... Why?
    Anonymous

• I got a job offer teaching at a college 9am to 1pm then 6pm to 10pm. Seriously? Did they think that was a reasonable work schedule?
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Obama winning Nobel Prize and a Nancy Grace FB paragraph about a poor mother and daughter being attacked/murdered.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 4:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2009