First Pregnancy- Can you really not eat sushi pregnant?

I just wnat 1 spicy tuna roll!!! Finally a food craving-

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• as long as it has cooked fish or has no fish in it, then the sushi is safe to eat. Don't forget to have them leave off the roe. Good eats!
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• tuna is safe, i think as long as you keep it to 6 or 12 oz a week. of course i'm not familiar to sushi, so not sure if thats a cooked one or not lol. raw is soemthing to avoid. there are a few types of fish that are not good though. most fish are ok in moderation. they're great for omega-3s and getting the dha needed to help babies brain growth. The first link is what fish are safe and the second is an article about sushi.

http://www.healthcastle.com/pregnancy-fish.shtml

http://parenting.ivillage.com/pregnancy/psafe/0,,3wf5,00.html
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I ate the "cooked sushi", but there's really no risk in that. The reason you can't have it is because of potential food poisoning, which can be much more dangerous to both you and your baby should you contract it while pregnant. Personally, I wouldn't risk it. I gave birth two weeks ago,and I craved it the entire time, but waited.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• the risk is food born illness. I eat raw fish pregnant. Just get your sushi from a good clean place. it's up to you to decide if you are really afraid of food poisoning.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I figured beef and chicken have the same risks so 1 roll once wouldnt be that much of a risk. I do see uncooked riskes though too. What about cooked crab rolls. They are ok?
    Anonymous

• I Loooooove sushi! Its been my number one craving since ive been pregnant
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 6:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2009