do wiccan spells really work? who tried a spell that really worked?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• They work just as well as a Christian's prayers. How "effectively" that may be is dependent upon your own interpretation.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I have performed many spells that have worked--to differing degrees. It depends on the energy of the witch who is working the spell and the intent of the spell. My talent is for healing spells. I wouldn't continue to be a witch if my spells DIDN'T work.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Its about energy and intent.

Ive done spells to help friends and my family out and they've worked. But I also realize it was the spell as well as the doing my/our parts that did it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• OK, braced with hands over head, let the bashing begin, but keep in mind this is only my opinion and I am happy to be corrected if anyone feels the need to do so in a respectable manner.
    I think that 75% of spells are mental, you know, mind over matter. I think it is your belief in it that makes it work or fail. I mean do I think things like on The Craft are going to happen, NO. But if you take the time to read a Wiccan spell it always tells you that you now have to do the work to make it happen, the spell is like an encouraging kick in the butt.
    Like there are people that have been known to break out in a rash because they believe hard enough that they are sick, even if they aren't. People in studies have been known to lose weight when given sugar pills because they believe they have been given diet pills. I believe anything will work if you believe hard enough in it, and not just spells.
    Anonymous

• You have to stay focused on the most important part of the spell...the intent. You must be specific as well. You should not ask to be rich and let that be that. You should do one to help bring out the aspects in you that will help you be sucessful. You should not do a love spell for a person to win the heart of someone they already have in mind. You should help bring out qualities in the seeker that will help attract their soul mate.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• You are focusing energy on the seeker, so yes, the mind is the biggest part of a spell. It is focusing, it is intent, it is energy that is sent out to the universe. Think about this if you wish and wish something would happen and do nothing then more than likely it will not happen. If you take the time to search your mind and heart the moment you start gathering materials to the time you cast your request out. All that energy is a very powerful component. All that time the senders mind was on that one task, that one request. The human mind is a very powerful conductor for energy. When you focus on that level, yes, things do become more clear. Maybe the answer was right in front of us the whole time but our working with energy clears away the blinders to help us see the result of our work.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• The devil can do anything God gives him permission to do. pay the consequences later
    Anonymous

• Newsflash anon, wiccans don't give creedance to your christian devil. they don't believe in him. stop being a jerk and stick with the damn question.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Anon :40.

Your Devil has NOTHING to do with my beliefs, sorry.
    ______________

I have used many spells that have worked. But I agree the focus and intent need to be there.
    Some of it might be mind over matter.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 4:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• what about tarrot cards??? well a while back this lady read my future using shells and a mirror and everything she said came true she knew alot about me without even knowing me??but she charges alot... i don't mind paying but only if its real.
    Anonymous