Help, please.

I'm 8 months pregnant and my DH has jsut left me. I'm 17 and he's 18, I'm emancipated from my parents so we have a flat together and he's just left me for a 16 yr old who he's gone off with because apparently I 'got boring'. My family have basically disowned me & I honestly have no-one else. I'm scared to go into labor on my own, are there normally quite a few people in the room once you're at the hospital? Or do they check on you every now and again? Plus does anyone have any baby tips for me? I didn't think I'd be doing this on my own but I guess I've got to get used to the idea now so any advice would be good please. Thank you everyone. Sorry for moaning.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call you parents! Tell them that you made a mistake, and are terrified to go through everything alone. Once you are in the delivery room, the nurses check on you periodically, but unless you have someone there with you, you may have times where you would be in the room alone. It will be ok. Don't panic, you can do it. Your baby needs you!! Good luck, and you are WAY better off without that childish boy! A real man would NEVER do that to you.
    Anonymous

• OH hun, its ok *hugs*. There are several options for having people in the room. Some places a nurse will stay with you, or you can find a midwife that will do so. I would suggest trying to find a doula who can be with you while you are giving birth. They quite often will stay with you not only while giving birth but the first couple days after too. If you can find one trying to qualify they may even do it for free but you have to be a reference afterward. Do you have any friends who would be there for you? Try and re-connect with your family as well, you may have to listen to a million "I told you so's" but it might be worth it if thats what it takes to get their support as well. Look into baby classes, I stayed in contact with several people from ours after my son was born. GL
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 3:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I am so sorry he did that to you now that you need him the most. There is not much really that I can say to you right now that is going to make all your problems disappear. I wish there where. Right now you need a shoulder to cry on. Please PM me to vent or just to talk. But to answer part of your question, it really depends on the hospital and when you are in labor, rather or not someone will be in the room. Some hospitals have Volunteers during the day that can stay with you and coach you. Please PM me and I would be happy to answer anymore questions or just lend an ear/ eye LOL, to you.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Anonymous

• All I can say is I will pray for you and curse him! He reminds me of my exh and he's still a loser. I'm so sorry your going through this. Call your MOM! I know that sounds childish but she's your mother and should love you regardless of whats in either of your past's. You'll learn that as you become a mother yourself. If you need anything you can PM me as well. If you live in Indy I can help, but distance is a factor!!! Good Luck and may God Bless you!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 8:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2009