i need help, 39.4 weeks

this morning i had an appointment and she checked to see if i was dilated. by doing so, i started to bleed a tiny bit. it was light pink and i could wipe it away. that was at 9:15 this morning. after that, i went pee around 10am and there was a very tiny bit of left over blood. there was nothing for the rest of the day. i just went pee and looked at my underware and there is a big spot of dark blood. do you think this is from the check up early this morning?

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Most likely, yes. Your cervix is very, very sensitive at this point, and can bleed easily, even from sex. I wouldn't worry about it, but if you are, call your doctor. Congratulations, you're almost there!! :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I am told every time they exam that I will most likely spot but I never do . Now if you are still bleeding 1-2 days from now then yes call .
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 4:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I am an OB nurse and yes that is normal after a vaginal exam. Especially if it was dark blook. Now LOTS of bright red bleeding, is not normal. But what you are describing sounds okay. Good luck in the near future!!
    jps85

Answer by jps85 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• OP
    ok thank you ladies i feel better now
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 5:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2009