ladies.

LOVE is a very strong word these days. and i've been asking alot about it. i'm loosing my life. i'm loosing my home. over myself. i cant let go of the past and i cant let go of things i said i've forgiven him for. i cant talk to him and and he just irritates me and i hate that things are that way.. i hate it. but i dont want to loose him. i've fought for this love i have for 5 years and i'm not sure i'm ready to let go. but i'm so confused on do i love him or not? how do i begin to make ammends for treating him like sh** for yelling at him for things he probably didnt do and how do i let go of the past?

Jewels1986

Asked by Jewels1986 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• It sounds as though you need first of all a medical exam to rule out medical reasons for behavior that you feel is wrong. If there is nothing medically causing the problem, your doctor should be able to refer you to a professional to help you understand and control your behavior. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 4:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Sounds like you are allowing the past to control your life. Logically speaking, what good is that doing? It doesn't seem to be effective. What is important to you, the past or the future? Once you decide that then you let go of one and work toward the other. Recognizing you treat him like crap is half the battle. Now when you catch yourself doing it, stop. It will take time but you can do it. (been there done that) It's a family thing. He can help you. Together you can build a life together or you can remain miserable and possibly alone. The choice is yours.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• From what I have read it seems like you do love him to a fault. With that said you need to start out thinking about how much you love yourself. Understand that fighting for you relationship can be a good thing but if you are the only one fighting; it may not be. If you are fighting to be in a relationship that is not healthy for you; it may not be. I don't think that anyone can tell you what is the best decision for you and there is nothing saying you will listen. As far as getting over the past that is something you have to work through, it doesn't happen overnight. The things that you have yelled at him for and the things he did and didn't do, are single to you and only details and knowledge or your situation can reap decent suggestions of how to get past it. (jmo)
    Iconoclast

Answer by Iconoclast at 4:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Love is a strong word but so is forgiveness. If he forgives you wouldn't you feel better?
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 4:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• If you can't get over what happened in the past, maybe you should get some marriage counseling to work these issues out. You've both made some mistakes in the marriage and if you don't want to lose him, then I would suggest starting with counseling. I cannot say whether or not you love him. Only you know that.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2009