Broken skin/blemishes

I have healing blemishes on my face and need tips on how to kee my make up from caking up on them.

I usually use a cover stick and then mineral foundation.
TYIA

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have the same problem at least once a month. Exfoliate VERY gently. This removes all the dead, flaking skin that makes them so noticeable when putting on makeup. Then moisturize with a light, sensitive skin formula. Take it easy on the cover up- too much just draws attention to them. Use a small eyeliner brush to put the coverup just on the blemish and blend in with your pinky finger. Use a makeup sponge to put on the mineral wear. Mineral wear makeup has a tendency to sink in every little crevice, so the brush just makes it worse IMO. A sponge makes a cleaner more even finish.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 4:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I have heard putting a tiny dab of toothpaste helps to take the red out . . . or also using visine. I dont know how to keep the makeup from clumping.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• If it is liquid foundation I mix a little moisturizer in it.

I have also dampened a wash cloth with warm water and laid it on my face for a while, then applied make up.
    Anonymous