Can't breathe and having morning sickness at 39 weeks

For the last few days I have been haivng trouble breathing and throwing up at night. Can the baby be getting to big for me to carry ?? I know ALOT of you will say you can't have a bigger baby than what your body can handle but I feel this is wrong. I feel like the baby is getting so big that she is smashing my insides and causing me to not be able to breathe and get sick every time I eat. At 36 weeks she was estimated at already 8 lbs. my 1st was 9 lbs 11 oz and was born at 41 weeks and I NEVER had any problems with her like I am having now. I go in for my last appointment before my due date ( 15) today so we will see what the doctor has to say but last time he wasn't into inducing me till I was 40 weeks and I have to be dilated which I am not at all .

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 3:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• anyone who sez u can't have a bigger baby that u can carry is wrong. If i were u i would tell ur dr. about it and see if you can be induced a little bit early. as for the squished feeling try getting on ur hands and knees when u can't breath and feel like ur being squished it helped me.
    kat324

Answer by kat324 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I know the feeling. I felt that way for the last month of my twin pregnancy. The last two weeks I felt like I might die, but I didn't. Hang in there & good luck.
    Anonymous

• Same with my twin pregnancy, I basically died for the last two weeks, I genuinely thought I couldn't move at points. Seriously tell the doctor. Remember you can do this. And soon you'll have your beautiful baby.
    Anonymous

• I was the same way. My son came out weighing 8 lbs 10 oz. He was always in my ribs and pressing on everything. I HATED the last month of my pregnancy, I was just ready to get him out.
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• With my twin pregnancy I felt the same way. Its imortant to let your Dr know so they can check your Ox level t make sure the baby is getting enough oxygen. With mine I was OK just had to take shallow breaths for a few weeks
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Try www.spinningbabies.com to help the baby get into better position. I am one of those people who says that you wont grow a baby bigger than you can carry. My mom gave birth to a 10lb 15oz girl and they both survived just fine. I think it has more to do with the baby's position than size. I'm only 25 wks and I cant breathe sometimes, but its just the way the baby is laying. Also, as much as it sucks, the Dr. Is right. If he induces you before you're ready it wont work. Sorry! Hang in there mama.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

ma2b08

• I felt the same way with both of my pregnancies at the end. It was usually just the way they were moving or laying, but it's very uncomfortable! I don't think it has anything to do with the size of the baby, though. And, like ma2b08, I'm one of those who doesn't think your body will make a baby bigger than you can carry.
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2009